Heide-Park


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 15th 2008
Published: July 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was Heide-Park.... and it was pretty darn sweet!

We met at the school at 8 and departed on a very nice charter bus for the 45 minute trip south to the park. The weather was pretty good really, overcast and around 70 with no real rain.

The park itself was much bigger and more elaborate than I had imagined. You can view the park web site
here : . Just click on the Union Jack on the right for an English version. The park features several very impressive rollercoasters including the "Colossos" which has the steepest drop of any wooden rollercoaster in the world at 61 degrees as verified and recorded by the Guiness Book of World Records. The brand new "Desert Racer" begins by accelerating from 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds before throwing you all over the place on a wild yet incredibly enjoyable ride.

The kids seemed to really enjoy themselves as they were going hard all day exploring the park which is easily larger than Disneyland in my opinion. They were all calling for more time when it was time to depart.

I didn't take my camera into the park today, so
I'll post pictures tomorrow that the kids took. I think we'll see some good times on the coasters, on "The Screamer" (up to, and dropped from 180 feet), and on the water rides as well. For now though, enjoy these videos from youtube for an idea of what we experienced today!

The Colossos :
The Desert Racer:

The Screamer:

The Limit:


Enjoy! And check back tomorrow for some pics and vid that the kids took today!

-Ben


Advertisement



Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb