England to Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bremen
September 17th 2014
Published: September 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Had a home day, spent time around Gary and Philip’s new house, then down to the local Pub for a quiz night, didn’t do so good. Met up with Philip’s old housemates from Digby Crescent, Dinner with Steve and coffee with Jonathan – great to catch up with both, lots of things have happened in the intervening years. Went for a walk to the local Finsbury Park, There were about 4 HUGE circus tents – but walled up, some very expensive private function!! Boy would my Phillip loved to see what was there! After our Dinner with Steve, and lots of wine etc, Philip decided to stay home and Gary and I went out for the day to Peterborough.



Peteborough has a very nice Cathedral and has a market town feel. We had a good day and came home tired after our day out. Saturday, we went to the old water pumping station which I had been interested in for 25 years. It was surprising that there is so much green and water around these London suburbs. You think it is all highrise and dense housing, then around the corner is a park, a lake or a canal. Saturday night was spent at a Birthday party and then Sunday morning it was off to Germany.



On my arrival in Bremen, it was great to give Phillip and Nadine a hug and we went to Nadine’s parents for coffee and cake before heading back to Bucholz. I had developed a full on cold, so was not at my best. Bucholz was having a fair so we went to have a look and buy some food whilst we were there. Went shopping with Phillip to the equivalent of Bunnings as he is renovating all his old furniture to match his new couches.



Phillip and I went to the ‘Heide’ or the heath to see the wildflower in bloom, and on the way, we stopped at a farmshop. On the way home we came across a cute watermill which was unfortunately not working. I am now just trying to recover from this cold, I think Phillip and Nadine could mistake me for a barking dog! But both have been good at looking after me, lots of soup and good food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.418s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb