Orgy of Pork


Advertisement
Europe » Germany » Berlin
September 20th 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.5235, 13.4115We checked out a market near the hostel, where we split a sweet, gooey, sugary waffle. Very different from Belgian-style waffles, but still very good. There were numerous stands selling tempting crepes and pastries, but we decided to go elsewhere to complete our breakfast. "Bialys and Bagels" was the choice - though I didn't see any bialys in sight. I had an... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

mm
m

The Ishtar gate, with its beautiful blue tiles, was probably the best part of the Pergamon.
nn
n

This bust of Nefertiti is over 3000 years old, and is considered the most famous piece of Egyptian art in Europe. That says a lot, considering the impressive collection in London's British Museum.
oo
o

Some may see a torch in her left hand, but I see glorious gelato ...
pp
p

Why did I take a picture of this? Because it mentions a place called Tanagra - I remembered Tanagra being mentioned in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I wondered if the real Tanagra inspired the Tanagra in the episode. Yes, it's a silly thing to notice and remember - but sometimes the things I never forget about my travels are the silly things that happen.
zgzg
zg

Dinner - the salad rolls were different than what we are used to, but quite tasty. There was a nice crunch to it - perhaps the shrimps were battered and fried? Or perhaps a stray cockroach found its way inside. There was also no hoisin sauce, only a side of fish sauce and a side dish of shredded cabbage.
zhzh
zh

The pho was close, but still not quite right. There were no sprouts served with it and instead of a lime wedge, it was a lemon wedge. The noodles were also all clumped together ... but it was still delicious. And the cilantro ... mmm ... there's nothing better!



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb