We have Arrived


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin
June 11th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello every one. We all made it safe and sound to Berlin. After we arrived we met our tour guide and he is a very nice guy. we first went for a lunch break at a big shopping mall called Potsdamer platz. After that we checked into our hotel which is in a great spot and seems to be quite comfortable. went to see Brandenburg gate and walked through a neat memorial to the Jews from WWII. After a quick check in, we went down to the old city and visited the big cathedral in town. we were able to get in for free as a school group and we really enjoyed the cathedral, called locally as the Berliner Dom. We were able to climb to the top and get a great view of the city. Then we also toured the basement where many tombs of old German leaders are. We then walked to dinner and many of the kids fell asleep in the restaurant, because many of them, including me, did not get much sleep at all on the flight over and have now been awake for basically 30 hours. Sorry no photos this entry, I am in the lobby of the hotel and cant get any photos loaded this time. We are all doing well and I am sure many of you have already heard from your kids.
Till next time
Lambert and the gang.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb