Days five and six, Lego and a long journey


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin
July 29th 2023
Published: July 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Lego house. Just wow 😎 after an great night's sleep, we headed back to Billund to visit Lego central. After struggling to find somewhere to park with a roof box, Ash dropped us off and myself and Seth headed in, not entirely sure we'd ever see Ash again given his sense of direction.....
We shopped, the staff were immense and we got ourselves tagged in. Ash did turn up, surprisingly, and we headed in.
It's hard to describe how amazing this place is. Fewer inappropriate slogan t shirts here and a strange sense of calm despite it being busy. It's an incredible building and, I think, the fact that everyone is just playing with Lego and the magical tech they have just makes everyone.... happier.
After another awesome day it was time to leave, Ash failing to tell us that the car may as well have been in a different county but, unusually, being able to get us back there (eventually) with no wrong turns. A quick stop at Netto and it was back to the house for Lego, the games room and tea. What an amazing day.
Saturday. A day of travel. Still awaiting the ping but even after a few hundred miles today, it's not come back...... Yet.......we headed off South to Berlin. A pretty decent journey with only one slightly leaky toilet on route and a good dumping of rain! We arrived at our second van Der valk of the trip. After a quick check in we headed for tea, the very friendly waiter mocking us for eating Seth's soup and Ash being mortified that I ate a Seth's apple sauce (no idea why!). But Seth loved the kids play room and it was lovely to sit and play 29 questions and just... Be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.589s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.3822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb