Monday 5th September – From Prague to Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
September 5th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

The memorial for the Jews killed in concentration camps.
Today was a civil time to get up... or should I say normalish! 6.30-6.45 has become a usual wake up time on this trip for travel days.
This morning we were ready very early Steve rung Elijah since he missed out on talking to him yesterday. It was a pretty uneventful drive, too cold when the air-conditioning is on and too hot when the air-conditioning is off. I pretty much did the ususal for a bus ride... read my book until I couldn't keep my eyes open then slept until I woke up then read my book until I couldn't keep my eyes open and so on and so on!
We had a stop off in a city called Dresden where it was raining/spitting/making us rather wet! We went on a 'walking tour' which involved 2 stops and took about 5 minutes! We then had an hour free time so we headed to McCafe and had a drink. Afterwards Steve had an urge to have a Bratwurst so we went to the local markets in search of a Bratwurst. We wandered the stalls but resisted the urge to buy something... I did find a very cool candle holder that looked like
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

First traffic lights in Europe (ended up causing more trouble then before the traffic light was there)
dripping wax off the edge of wherever you put it!
In Berlin we went for a driving tour around and found out a little bit about the places of interest... such as the Hotel where Micheal Jackson hung his baby over the balcony!
In Berlin we are staying in a hostel/hotel and it is pretty nice!!! Turns out that Carla, myself and the other girl in our room had the biggest and nicest room out of everybody – we only had 4 beds (and 3 of us), a very spacious room, a kitchenette, a fridge, a microwave and a big bathroom... everyone else's rooms where cramped with a small bathroom and no kitchenette area!!!!!
We had dinner at the hostel/hotels restaurant which was nice – potato and leek soup with fresh bread rolls followed by schnitzel, fries and salad!
After tea we stayed at the restaurant for a few drinks then a group of us went for a walk along the whole of the East Side Gallery and back again.
It is so nice to be sleeping in a REAL room with a REAL bed so we all made the most of it and are off to enjoy an brilliant nights sleep!
Xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb