East side


Advertisement
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 8th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ok, look at the pictures. One thing, East Germany is really nice, because everything is new. Most of the buildings were built after the fall of the wall. Peace.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Old church was left the way it was after the war. It looked so strange, like a scar, which it is.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

THE WALL. One of two parts that was left up and yeah I had a bad hair day.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

The Wall. West on the left - east on the right. today there is almost no difference.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Bricks now show where the wall was. It was really cool to see.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

I guess you could say I am setting on the fence.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Checkpoint Charlie
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

I'm under the sign.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Checkpoint Charlie
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

For some reason the walk lights in Berlin are super famous.
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Mmonument on the spot where Peter Fechter(18 ) was shot and killed by East Germany border guards when he tried to get to west Berlin.
Berlin Berlin
Berlin

One nice car



9th April 2009

A+
This is my favorite post so far.
9th April 2009

Travis, I only have one word - unbelievable. When I saw these pictures I was even more impressed with the saying, "Don't tell me about your education - tell me where you have traveled." For example I just read the Letters and Papers from Prison by Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was hanged by the Nazis on April 9, 1945. I thought I was smart until I saw your picture and comment at his house. Way to go Travis. If you were not my son I would be jealous of your picture at Martin Luther's memorial. Almost everyday of my life as a child I heard about the Berlin Wall - and you were there. For years I heard about the Nuremberg Trials - your pictures enabled me to better understand history. The one picture of the water was beautiful. I loved the picture of the Brandenburg Gate. They were all good pictures.
9th April 2009

Why east side?
Apart from the 2 photos with the Brandenburg Gate, all shown places are either in former West Germany or former West Berlin. And even on the Brandenburg Gate photos you're no more than 100 meters onto the east side.
9th April 2009

Lot of Photos
Great post with a lot of great commentary, Ice cream looked good
10th April 2009

Maybe
Loved this post - especially the commentary. Thinking more seriously maybe that I maybe would like to be in your shoes - maybe.
10th April 2009

New Cassettes
You act like there was something wrong with that! Where were the LP's?
12th April 2009

I love your night scenes. I had heard about that icecream, it looks delicious.
28th April 2009

Greetings from Florida
Hi! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. What an awesome experience. We plan to be in Italy in July with Aaron. Love, Aunt Carolyn

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb