Catching up


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
August 24th 2017
Published: August 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Well, it has been a while since I've had an opportunity to do this due to WiFi connection issues. We had a lovely time in Luxembourg city and the highlight of the trip was running into my sisters in one of the cathedrals there! How serendipitous is that? From Luxembourg City we headed to Colmar. We were initially dismayed by the crowds we encountered. However the next day, they had dissipated and we enjoyed a lovely walk around the old section of the city. The following day we went to the museum to see the Issenheim alterpiece. It didn't disappoint! We headed north of Colmar to see Koenigsburg Castle, then south to Eguisheim to taste wine. Had a birding first and saw storks! Had noticed platforms on some steeples but no birds. Finally saw birds! We're now in Fussen in Bavaria. The drive was beautiful, but slow. We opted to steer clear of the motorways and we drove along the north side of bodensee in Germany. Bodensee is a beautiful like and has many Vineyards around it. The drive thru the Bavarian countryside was absolutely stunning. Kind of like the Amish country only on steroids! Tomorrow we head to Mad Ludwigs castle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb