Moving on!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East
August 30th 2017
Published: August 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Well, once again, I've fallen behind! After leaving Colmar we headed to Bavaria in Germany. We just couldn't believe the story book perfection of the countryside! Unfortunately, there were no opportunities to pull over and take photos as we were on two lane roads. We spent 2 nights in Fussen. We spent our only full day there touring Neufwenstein and Hohenschwangau, the homes of King Ludwig II. Neufwenstein was the model for the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland and was absolutely stunning! We enjoyed both, but were overwhelmed by the magnificence of NW. We celebrated our 34th anniversary at Il Pescatore and had the best meal yet of the trip! Both had tortellacci stuffed with mushrooms and lightly sauced with fresh cepes and shrimp. All washed down with a lovely Arneis and incredible bread alongside. Left Bavaria bound for Switzerland and Lauterbrunnen. Struggled a bit with required highway vignettes for Austria and Switzerland and Germany. May yet get a ticket.... Lauterbrunnen was great and our hotel had an amazing view of the Jungfrau. We hiked all 3 days, the last day being the longest at 10 miles. We're now in Parma, Italy and ready for some downtime as we're footsore and tired after 3 days of hard physical activity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb