ENTRY 15 -- The Kampfbund


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
February 28th 1987
Published: January 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

An Excerpt from the Travel Journal of Nigel Fox circa 1925



Entry 15 -- The Kampfbund



After being raised to the sixth degree, Hans was required to travel the globe for his duties had been greatly expanded. Whenever a new tour was being developed Hans was expected to experience it first hand to ensure that it lived up to the company's exacting standards. Hans had also learned a great deal about the HAO (Hoher Armanen Orden). To-day's meeting was to be profoundly important and there was an air of intensity in the room. Each brother spoke in turn. Hardly an articulate lot, they tended to be somewhat melodramatic and stilted in speech. " . . . the King of the Jews and his followers are the swine of the earth," continued Brother Joseph, a deacon from the United States of America, "Understand this - I can keep America out of the war until the time which was ours is ours again."

Seated around a huge oval table situated deep below the ground under one of world's most ancient historical sites, the members envisioned their future glory. The room was richly hung with tapestries embroidered in dark colours. Gathered were the deacons and archdeacons from around the world; all wealthy and powerful men. Saluting, then standing, a Brother from England spoke, his voice level at first moderate, but quickly rising to a crescendo: "Our Saxon blood boils for what was once ours, but, by the Dark Gods, we shall wait until the time is right; then may our Glorious Leader rule for a thousand years and bring back our ancient glory!"

The outrageous braggadocio was proving tedious. One more rodomontade from one more bombastic fool and Hans felt he might have to excuse himself.


The Wolf




Finally, the Leader of the Brotherhood stood. The room fell totally silent. All focused on him. At first he spoke slowly, explaining carefully the history of Nordic paganism. He then told of how the Brothers were securing power in the Fatherland, how they had infiltrated the 'Worker's Party', a socialist group, and disposed of most of the original members. "The Party shall seize power; we shall erase the Jewish Kristgod from our presence. With the Force of the Old Ones all Europe will be ours."

By the end of his speech, the would-be Antichrist had lost any semblance of normal oration -- ranting and raving like a madman. Working himself into a frenzy, spittle flew, blue eyes flared, as he described the millennium that he would rule. The meeting was brought to an end by the Brotherhood's philosopher king. The Most High Chamberlain rose. With arms raised, he praised and thanked the Old Ones that the dreams of the Brotherhood were finally coming to fruition.


English Gardens




"Hail the Force," said Brother Rudy, "welcome to our glorious historic capital."

Hans was taken aback. The young man in front of him closely resembled Captain Alfred Horn, one of the best operatives Hans had ever known. Alfred had been a close comrade. Rudy, an ex-lieutenant, was about 27 years old, and not an attractive man, to say the least. Although tall and lean, his thick bushy eyebrows, prognathous jaw and protruding teeth gave him the appearance of a gorilla with good posture. (Alfred Horn lacked the severity of features.)

"You stare?"

"I apologise," replied Hans, "but you very much remind me of a comrade I once knew."

"We are all Comrades," Brother Rudy replied in clipped tones, taking the bags and walking towards the train station exit. Over his shoulder he notified the visiting South African: "I have found you comfortable accommodation near the English Gardens."

Hans thanked his escort as they rode across town. The price of the taxicab ride was several hundred thousand German marks (less than two British pounds). Clearly the economy was in a shambles. It was late summer and hot; those few people moving slowly in the streets looked flushed and more than a little exhausted. Most others were indoors, attempting to avoid the oppressive heat.

When Rudy delivered him to the hotel, Hans was surprised at the luxury of his accommodation. He discovered he was to be the sole occupant of a suite of rooms. A large basket of fruit stood on a table in the front room; the attached card simply read: 'Welcome, dear Brother.' Without another thought Hans slipped out of his clothes and into a bath.


Anguish




Over the next few months key members of the Armanenshaft arrived in the city from around the world. The 'Kampfbund' was being set in place by the Brotherhood with the sole purpose of overthrowing the government. When time would allow, Hans would go for long walks in the English Gardens where he would pray and reflect upon the situation. After much soul searching, he concluded that it would be best to tell Anna's parents the truth about their daughter. Hans wrote them an objective report without detailing the role of human sacrifice in Armanenshaft Ritual.

It was clear to Hans that Anna Fuchs had been one of many girls sacrificed, and he was now quite convinced he was fighting the Devil himself. The young Lutheran divine had resolved to bring the Armanenshaft to justice, even asking Dr. Fuchs to make himself available in the cause. I delivered the report personally to Howard and Miriam, spending more than a month with them. Without a doubt, they were devastated by their daughter's untimely demise. Anna's father became a man driven by an anger that would never die.

Hans himself was in anguish, for he had discovered that the Brotherhood of the Armanen had a security system he could not breach. Although he had risen rapidly in the organisation, it became clear that nobody was trusted. Without tangible proofs of what was being plotted he could not contact the authorities. Hans had to be extremely careful, for the tables could be turned, as it were, and he could not afford to be prosecuted for actionable libel.




The Oberland League




After many days and nights of deep deliberation, Hans finally resolved that he alone could not deal with the situation. Nor would government officials be of any help. However, it had come to his attention that there was a very powerful group at work in the country known as the Oberland League. It had a large membership with close to 5,000 armed troopers in its paramilitary wing.

The League's leader was part of the upper class, and looked as though he might take power in the not too distant future. The Oberland League had already crushed the Communists when they attempted a coup d'état. Hoping the Oberlanders could do the same to the Brotherhood, he decided to take a chance and enlist their leader's help.


Dr. Weber




Dr. Weber himself opened the door to his residence. The leader of the League was tall, lean, bespectacled, and looked about 35. He had the serious demeanour of a learned professor, made more so by his powerful voice.

"Thank you for seeing me," said Hans. "I have an important matter to discuss." Looking around the magnificent front vestibule, Hans quietly asked, "Are we alone?"

"Please, come into my private study," motioned Dr. Weber, "but before we talk, let me bring us some tea."

As Hans waited for his host to return, his eyes wandered about the room. They locked onto the section of the wall just above the fireplace. There they remained, transfixed. Mounted above the mantle was a bejewelled dagger. His stomach turned over. How could it be? The conclusion was inescapable. Weber was Armanenshaft.

Hans had known that there were 'secret' Brothers who had infiltrated every level of society; he now realised the full extent of their penetration. Recovering himself, it was necessary to think quickly. His mind raced through every option. It was essential that he employ to advantage the situation. Dr. Weber returned with some tea and a tray of assorted sliced vegetables. "I am a vegetarian," he explained, securing a sound-proof door.

"I know," replied Hans, picking up a piece of broccoli and looking directly at the man. "In fact, I know all about you. I am a Brother of the Sixth Degree."

Dr. Weber was visibly shaken. "Nobody but the . . . "

"Doctor, the time has come for bold action. I am calling a most secret meeting. It is all arranged. I want you to attend. Our beloved Leader must be persuaded to act now. I truly need your assistance."

"Most irregular, but I agree that the time is ripe; we must act soon."

They talked for a while, Hans' heart slowing finally to a normal beat. From what he could determine, his audacious and straight forward manner had impressed the great Dr. Weber, who agreed to come to the secret meeting at the flat of the Lieutenant Colonel, on November 7 at tea-time.

"This is a most secret meeting,” Hans warned, “you must tell no-one."


A Most Secret Meeting




Hans had salvaged the situation, at least temporarily. Dr. Weber had been persuaded; however, there were only a few days to organise this 'secret meeting'.

It was necessary to meet with the Lieutenant Colonel, an eccentric man in his late forties who always dressed in lederhosen and loden jacket. Over a pint of Bavarian beer, Hans explained that the time had come to act. Making sure that he could not be overheard in the noisy beer garden, he asked, guardedly, "If I can persuade our beloved 'Leader in Armanen' to hold such a secret meeting, will you make your residence available and secure?"

"Yes, indeed" said the enthusiastic soldier, his stiff moustaches wet with foam.

Next, Hans invited Brother Rudy to meet with him. Rudy was now secretary of the Party, the political unit of the Armanenshaft. As secretary, it was his job to organise all meetings. In quick order it was done. Rudy was given the list of those who should be invited to this most 'secure' of private meetings. If the leader of the Armanenshaft agreed, Hans might even be rewarded for his initiative . . . he might equally be killed.


The Time for Revolution is Ripe




Everyone had arrived on time. Punctuality was important. The small, elite, group was seated around the Lieutenant Colonel's expensive, oak dining-room table. Their host served them coffee, while he himself had tea.

Hans stood up. He prayed that the butterflies in his stomach would pass. Fortunately, thanks to his preaching experience, his voice was strong. "My dear Brothers in Armanen, I would like to thank you for allowing me to call this emergency meeting. The time for revolution is ripe. The republic is in chaos: political unrest is everywhere, the economy is in a shambles, and inflation is out of control. We have secret Brothers in key positions throughout Europe and America, waiting patiently; impatiently in some cases. We can no longer afford to wait.

"As you know, to-morrow at the Burgerbraukeller Beer Hall, two thousand folk will be in attendance in the auditorium. All the most prominent people will be there, including many sitting at this table. Also, the Triumvirate and key members of the cabinet will be at the head table. Many important journalists, diplomats and industrialists have been invited. This opportunity will not present itself again. We have been prepared for many weeks and must give the order to act.

"My plan is simple. Oberland troops surround and seal off the auditorium. They will neutralise the police, many of whom are our own Brothers. Our Leader in Armanen will then march to the stage, interrupt and announce the national revolution. The Government Triumvirate will be escorted out of the auditorium into the side conference room. When they return with our Leader, he will announce that the new era has begun."

Dr. Weber quickly added, "I will need twelve hours from the time of such a decision to put the necessary troops into position. I am prepared to take personal command. By acting swiftly we reduce the risk of a security breach. However if we are to act, we must decide now."

As he listened closely, the Leader's face glowed with excitement. He stood for the first time at the meeting and spoke as if the plan had been his all along: "Triumphantly we will replace the government; our rule will be for a thousand years. Everything must be timed perfectly, but there is no way we can fail!"

For the next few hours the Kampfbund worked out the details of the plan. Finally, at 10:30 p.m. they left the house, stepping into the crisp, November air. The members of the Kampfbund were thinking of the future glory that would be theirs. Hans was visualising how he would assassinate their crazed 'Leader'.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb