Nuremberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
September 26th 2009
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

NurembergNurembergNuremberg

St. Lawrence Church at night.
We got up this morning, had some breakfast and then finished our packing, checked our e-mail and headed to the train station. We got there about an hour early, so we picked up some sandwiches for the train. While we were waiting for our track info, this guy in a surgical mask walked up to us and asked if we spoke English. He then was asking us where to buy tickets and proceeded to tell us he "was crazy," and wanted us to go with him to buy tickets. We figured he meant finding the ticket place was driving him crazy, but it worked in both ways. We explained where the tickets were, but wouldn't go with him. When we got on the train it seemed like all the seats were reserved (and it was crowded). We walked to the end of the train and finally found some seats that weren't reserved or filled. Luckily we got to stay in them the whole trip (5.5 hours). From Nuremberg's train station we caught the underground to a stop about a block away from our hotel. Our hotel room is small, but has a mini fridge (with free beer and water!) and a hot plate. It's kind of like a little tiny studio apartment. We dumped off our stuff and headed back to the main part of town to walk around. It was cool -- there are old buildings scattered around modern shops. Some sort of festival was taking place so there were a lot of food booths, carnival games/rides, live music and people. We got a sausage in a small bun (it hung way past both ends of the roll) and some gelato. Adam got a flavor called whiskey cream, it was good and totally had a whiskey flavor to it. I got Pfepferminz. Also good. We walked over some bridges and saw the outside of St. Lawrence's church (big old church in the middle of things). There was this one lamp post on a bridge that had about 30+ spiders all over it and all different sizes. It was creepy and fascinating all at the same time. After walking around for a bit, we came back to the hotel and are getting ready to wind down for the night. We get our tickets to Munich tomorrow afternoon, so that should be fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb