Nuremberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
June 14th 2015
Published: June 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was a little more solemn. We docked in Nuremberg along the Main-Danube Canal. We took buses in to the heart of the city and received a brief synopsis of modern Nuremberg. We then went to see the Zeppelin Field where the Nazi party lead rallies for up to 100,000 spectators. WE then went to visit the building and courtroom where the Nuremberg trials took place in room 600. This morning was the first time my heart felt heavy this whole trip.

There was also another beautiful church. I just had to go in and as we got there the bells started ringing and ringing to signal to people for the 12:00pm mass. After that, we ended up in a market square where the Sunday market was going on along with an Umpapa band and some kind of celebration. We bought a big beer and sat down with some local folks. They didn't speak a lick of English and we did not speak a lick of German, although we all tried😊 We had so much fun trying to figure it out! That's the way to do it! Go to Church then grab a beer!

It's Bavarian law that the
Congress Hall in NurembergCongress Hall in NurembergCongress Hall in Nuremberg

Hitler's unfinished Coliseum where rally's were held.
stores must close on Sundays and people are not supposed to do work, including housework. You could get a ticket for mowing the lawn or vacuuming your house on Sunday. Most of the stores were closed except for souvenir shops since tourists are abundant on the weekends. Funny how they can tweak the law to benefit them. I guess it happens everywhere!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Congress HallCongress Hall
Congress Hall

Hitler's intention was to make people feel small and powerless in a huge stadium.
Where the Nuremberg Trials took placeWhere the Nuremberg Trials took place
Where the Nuremberg Trials took place

Room 600 is the upstairs where the four windows are shown


Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb