Day 6 - Schloss Neuschwanstein


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Neuschwanstein
July 23rd 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

A magical day! After a typical German breakfast we engaged our new GPS, named him Guido, and headed for mad King Ludwig's Bavarian castles. It was a beautiful picturesque drive, every little village could grace a postcard. Arrived at the castles, paid to pee (50c each!) and then headed up to the ticket office. Joined a long line and then spoke to an information lady who said that the next available tour was at 5pm (5 hours away), so we took her advice and just caught the bus up to Neuschwanstein and then walked to Mary's bridge where there were spectacular views to be had from a very old bridge. This is the castle that Walt Disney based Cinderella's castle on. We then walked down to the castle with some spectacular views of Schloss Hohen-Schwanghu (the castle he built for his Mum) and into the castle forecourt. We then took the horse and carriage down and decided we had made the best decision as the line for the bus was now ten times as long as when we went!

Had a typical German lunch at a local hotel, sausages, goulash and yummy German noodles and cheese. Then headed back to Friedrichschafen and Mumma, Erin and I had a swim in Lake Constance. The water was a lovely temperature but very choppy With a lot of weed (that Erin really didn't like). Walked along the bank of the lake till we found a nice pub for a light dinner and some wine, very nice. Some very cheap gelato for dessert and back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb