Day 5 - Milan to Friedrichschafen


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were picked up for breakfast at 0900 and we loaded our luggage in the back of the van and had a buffet with fabulous coffee and hot chocolate's and then back to the airport to pick up the hire car. A long wait at the Hertz office before loading into our very well broken in Ford Transit van. A few stressful kilometres where driver and navigator sorted out a mutually beneficial communication method and we were off. Drove past the Como region which looked lovely, but didn't stop as we will stop there on the way back.

Crossed into Switzerland (and paid the 35 euro fee for an annual toll pass) and headed to Germany through the San Bernardino pass. It was a very scenic drive, with waterfalls, castle ruins and majestic mountains. Very nice but it took a long time!

Arrived in Friedrichschafen just before six o'clock and met up with Raechel, Mum and Dad. The hotel Gasthof Rebstock was very nice with traditional down pillows and doona's. We quickly freshened up and met up with Dani, her family and fiancée. We went to a typical German restaurant with great views over Lake Constance (the largest lake in Europe). The food was delicious and I even had a beer (this is a very rare occurrence). We had a lovely evening and it was great to finally meet Dani's family and Jonas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

All the girls!All the girls!
All the girls!

Carolina, Marina, Juliana, Dani, Erin, Jemima, Emily and Raechel


22nd July 2013
All the girls!

Nice!
Hello Shani, your blog is very nice and I love this Picture! :-) xoxo Dani
22nd July 2013
Dani's Brazilian and Australian families and Jonas

Shani, I love this photo, can you please send me per E-Mail? Dani
23rd July 2013
My stein of beer

Good to see
Good to see you're keeping up the carbs as part of your training regime. Don't want to peak too early before the Torino Games ;)

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb