Day 7 - The wedding


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast it was all systems go with everyone setting off on different errands, mum was off to have her hair done, dad to find a tie (he forgot to bring one with him!) and the girls to do some shopping. Success was had all round! I stayed in the hotel and ironed everyone's clothes for the wedding. It was a very warm day so we put off getting into our wedding finery as long as possible. At 1420 we were all dressed, the presents wrapped and we headed down to Dani's place to wait for our guide. Headed to the church which was a beautiful white stone building and waited for the bride to arrive. When the wedding began Dani's godfather (padrino Vagner) played his ceremonial trumpet as the wedding party entered, It was lovely. Dani (our Brazilian host daughter) looked radiant as she walked down the aisle with her parents. The ceremony, in a mixture of German and Portugese, was lovely and when the happy couple walked down the aisle and the church doors were opened, Jonas' cycle club had formed a guard of honour with bike wheels!

After wishing the newlyweds the best we sipped champagne cocktails and ate heart shaped pretzels while Dani and Jonas went on a horse and carriage ride and released doves. We then headed to the reception with a quick detour for flat shoes, which was being held at the Zeppelin museum. While we were having pre dinner drinks the zeppelin landed and took off again. There was a Brazilian band playing and when Dani and Jonas arrived Dani sang a Brazilian song to Jonas which was lovely. After some photos we all took our seats and Dani and Jonas introduced everyone (in three languages no less) and we had a lovely dinner. The food was plentiful and delicious and there was a chocolate fountain for dessert. They had even printed an English version of the menu just for us!

There was lots of dancing, some marriage games and even a crossword puzzle to complete and the party didn't windup till after 4am! We left just after 2! A great day and a beautiful couple, we were so happy to the able to share this special day with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb