Day 3: Schloss Nymphenburg, Munich (Apr 2017)


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 15th 2017
Published: May 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 15th April 2017

By day 3, the temperatures in Germany had plummeted to freezing point. We were decked in clothing that would otherwise be befitting for winter.

As usual, we woke up at 6am in the morning, feeling really cold while making a trip to the Schloss Nymphenburg (Summer Palace). Located some blocks west of Central Munich, the easiest way to commute to the grounds was via Tram # 17 from the train station. Our tram was near empty as we occupied prime seats at the rear of the vehicle which commanded a grand vista of the streets.

The Palace occupied a secluded spot at the end of the gardens. Even getting close to the building required quite a walk from the tram stop. We stopped frequently, taking loads of panoramic pictures of the beautiful grounds and the many swans practising their morning swim. This was a beautiful day indeed.

For breakfast, we headed to a local bakery located at a corner of the street. This was a cute pinkish building with some rather quirky phrases mounted on the interiors. It was that same usual bread, croissants and coffee that we had for our breakfast. By the time we finished our morning drink, the sun was high up on the sky as we headed back to our hotel to prepare for our excursion to Nuremberg city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb