Day 9: LONG LONG LONG LONG Wait at the airport


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 31st 2015
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up in the hotel for my final morning of the tour. A large group had already left for the airport and the rest would be gone by 1PM including myself. I had an unusual situation because I was the sole non-Londoner and my flight left at 2AM the following day. I wandered a bit around the hotel before the last group (Ashleigh, Ollie, Luke, Carey, Gary, Kait and myself) got onto a van and drove to the airport. Everyone else had a flight at 5:30PM and I figured I could hang out with them until they left and wait for my flight. Well plans don't always work out because Egyptian security refused to let me through until I could check in, which wouldn't be until 11PM. So we said our goodbyes before customs and I waved goodbye to everyone and went to find a corner to sleep.

I spent the next 9 hours sleeping, wandering and reading Russell Brand's novel Revolution. So at the appointed time I checked in and got on my flight for the first leg to my journey home.

So in conclusion Egypt is well worth the trouble of visiting. The history and tourist attractions make it a must see on your bucket list. As for Travel Tours themselves I would recommend it to its target audience which is Expats living in London. I must admit it was a bit isolating because I couldn't follow some of the conversations that went on. In any case if you visit Egypt definitely take a tour because it so much safer and more convenient.

Post Tour Note:

Everyone hotel and site we went to had heavy security and always men with assault rifles. I was a bit surprised by the level of security but after the tour ended there were 2 attacks 1 at the Pyramids and 1 at Karnak. Neither attack got through and attacked tourists but the Karnak temple attack got close. Thankfully the security reacted well and stop the attacks. I won't lie and say Egypy is perfectly safe but traveling is never safe and sometimes places are worth the risk to see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb