Munich Day Two


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 16th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

NymphanburgNymphanburgNymphanburg

Palace Ball Room
Today, after I turned in the rental car (we drove to Rothenburg and Reutte), we took the trolley to Nymphanburg Palace - the Summer home of the Whittelbachs. It's not as grand as Versailles, but hey, at least none of them had their head separated from their body via a guillotine!

And while I'm sure King Louis had many fine carriages, we didn't get to see any of them at Versailles. However, we got to see a whole collection at Nymphanburg along with a bunch of royal sleighs.

When we got back into Munich (we never really left since Nymphanburg is only 3 miles from the center of town which was out in the country when it was built, but it's now right in town) we went back to Marienplatz, and sure enougha, all the stage, scaffolding and food booths were gone. We got to see the Glockenspiel do its thing, ate some pizza and toured St. Peter's church. Since it was still early and the sun was actually out (it was the first time I had seen Elizabeth without her jacket on in three days) we rented a couple of bikes and when for a ride out through the Englischer Garten, Munich's huge public park. Didn't get any pictures though cause we only had an hour and a half until the bike shop closed and we weren't sure how long it would take us. But we made it back before 7:30 with time to spare. Next time we'll stop and take a few pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Give you three guesses.Give you three guesses.
Give you three guesses.

And no, "noses" is not specific enough.
Child's PlayChild's Play
Child's Play

Nay, it's Princes play. The ceramic noses go on the manikin in the back (right side) for the young prinnce to practice jousting off.
MarienplatzMarienplatz
Marienplatz

the glockinspiel


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb