Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 18th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Germany!

Phuong and I have had many jollies, having difficulties with the simplest tasks (like using their public phones!). Although sometimes the cultural barrier has made things a tad stressful, all in all we are having so much fun!

Currently, I am on a pay computer with 3 minutes left, so I apologize if I have to cut this post off abruptly. So far, Phuong and I have gone to see the Neues Rathaus and the Alten Rathaus, and we saw the Glockenspiel dance. I ate a Bavarian pretzel, and we've also enjoyed the small cafes where you stand to eat and drink.

The Virketualien Market was our favorite. We've gone there a few times to buY fresh produce and fresh squeezed juices. I have fun trying to talk and order in German, but often, I have to settle saying something like 'ein, bitte.'

Time is almost up, so I must go. Love you all.... off to Prague tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

GlockenspielGlockenspiel
Glockenspiel

The Glockenspiel was really our first impression of Germany and Europe. I'd never seen anything like it before.
Phuong & StatuePhuong & Statue
Phuong & Statue

Here's Phuong posing in front of a statue by the Glockenspiel!
Our first hostel!Our first hostel!
Our first hostel!

We found our first hostel! Are you supposed to be able to climb out of the windows?
Wombats!Wombats!
Wombats!

Wombats was our first hostel. We chose to stay at the newest Wombats in Vienna later, too!
So many fruit stands!So many fruit stands!
So many fruit stands!

We expected to see lots of bakeries. While they were around, there were definitely many more fresh fruit stands!
Frishe Gepresste SafteFrishe Gepresste Safte
Frishe Gepresste Safte

Here I am, drinking my freshly pressed juice! These stands were everywhere, and they offered so many different varieties of juice!


18th May 2006

Local brew
If you are in Germany, you must have a local weisse! It sounds like you're having a great time...Enjoy! Uncle Dan
19th May 2006

Speaking German
Hi Becky: Good for you for having fun with language! Three-minute bites of your experience are just perfect. Thanks for sharing; can't wait to hear about Prague. Love, Aunt Linda

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb