Part Two: Munich, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
November 6th 2010
Published: November 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Easy Palace Youth Hostel

Located directly in Munich on Mozartstr. The Easy Palace Youth Hostel is filled with people of all ages. Here you can walk directly into the city without having to take a bus or train. The hostel is conveniently placed next to a delicious Italian restaurant called Sinans and it is reasonably priced. If you don’t feel like going next door for a meal there is a bar within the youth hostel, along with internet access, Wi-Fi, and breakfast area. Breakfast costs 4, 90 €*. The hostel itself comes with multiple floors, elevator, and different style rooms. Some rooms have 6 beds bunk bed style, with a shower, toilet, and sink this works well for large groups of people. However the “self-contained apartments” are available as well and they come with bath/shower, toilet and a kitchen, this room holds between 2 and 4 people but if you’re just looking for a single bed this is also available. Be sure to bring your own towel because it is not provided at the hostel unless you rent one.

*Taken from the Easy Palace Youth Hostel Website in August 2009.

Restaurant tip: When you are ready for the bill you need to ask for it. In Germany it is considered rude for the server to give you the bill before you are ready to receive it.

Pros
Your own bathroom with shower included, 24 hour reception with no curfew and no lockout, free lockers, cheap Wi-Fi in the rooms and lounge area, computers in the lounge area with cheap internet access, bed linen supplied with beds already made up, free guest kitchen, self-service laundry mat, up to date tourist info., games; billiard and darts, bikes available to rent, a garage, pay phone, sports and other facilities near by, they accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro and EC-Cards.

Cons
You need to bring your own towel or rent one for about 2 €, there isn’t little bottles of shampoo or other items for you incase you forget something.

Contact
Address: Mozartstr. 4 - 80336 München, Deutschland
Phone Number: +49 (0) 89 / 55 87 97 -0
E-mail: info@easypalace.de
Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 55 87 97 -97
Website: http://www.easypalace.de/english/index.html



English Garden

After a tiring day traveling throughout the gorgeous city of Munich it’s time for a place to relax and have a beer with some buddies. Remember the drinking age in Germany is 16 so if you’re traveling with a teen and not watching them they can purchase a beer without question. The cool thing about the Chinesischer Turm is that it is open 24 hours and has many different places to sit. The mot popular time is at night but be sure to bring a flashlight because once you leave this popular place you will find yourself walking back to your hostel with minimal light. Go during the day to this place and see its 900 acres in full, there are shaded paths, brooks, ponds, three other beer gardens (Seehaus, Hirschau, and Aumeister)…beware of nude sunbathers!!!

Directions
It all depends upon your location, there isn’t an exact address for this place, grab a tourist attraction map (can generally find a tourist map in the hostel or hotel that you are staying at) and that should lead you in the right direction.


Hofbräuhaus

After a long hard day of walking around and exploring the beautiful city of Munich I’m
sure you’re thinking that it’s time to head back and enjoy a nice quiet dinner with that
special someone. Wrong. Head on over to the Hofbräuhaus and get ready for a foot
stomping time. A traditional German band rocks the night away as you devour your
delicious dinner at this lively restaurant.

Contact
Address: Platzl 9, 80331 München, Deutschland
Phone Number: +49 (0) 89 2901 36-10
Fax: +49 (089) 22 75 86
E-mail: hbteam@hofbraeuhaus.de
Website: http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html

Food/Condiments to know in a restaurant

German English
Das Salz Salt
Der Pfeffer Pepper
Der Senf Mustard
Das Eis Ice cream
Die Pommes frites Fries
Die Meeresfrüchte Seafood

Drinks to know in a restaurant

German English
Das Getränk Drink
Der Kaffee Coffee
Der Tee Tea
Die Milch Milk
Der Apfelsaft Apple Juice
Der Ananassaft Pineapple juice
Die Limonade Lemonade
Der Wein Wine
Das Wasser Water
Das Stilles Wasser Still Water
Das Bier Beer


Olympia Park
Looking for some awesome events to attend? Check out Olympia Park’s website to see what concerts and other events are taking place during the times you are visiting Munich. There are 7 things to check out at Olympia Park; Olympic Swimming Centre (pictured right), Olympic Ice Sport Centre, SoccaFive Arena, Olympic Tower (pictured left), Olympic Stadium, Visitor Service, and Olympic Tennis Courts.

Contact
Website: http://www.olympiapark.de/?L=1
Address: Olympiapark München GmbH, Spiridon-Louis-Ring 21, D-80809 München
Telephone: 089/30 67-0
Fax: 089/30 67-22 22
E-Mail: info@olympiapark.de



Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb