Travel log 010010


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 1st 2010
Published: October 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Flight Log 001
Day 1

0430 wake up, shuttle to PDX.

0655 flight is offically delayed, monsoon rains in New Jersey

0955 flight leaves. Full flight. I get the last seat, the last row. Dan is somewhere in the middle of the plane.

1800 flight arrives Newark, however it's in a holding pattern.

1840 flight is on the ground, but we sit on the tarmac. Too much ground traffic to move. Serious
.
1900 finally, off the plane and have offically missed our plane to Munich by more than an hour. Wait in line to make new plans and find a flight. We are now flying to Manchester UK and then onward to Munich.

2010 flight to Manchester is offically delayed

2059 on the flight; however a passenger checked in bags but not on the plane; FAA regulations is that the bags must be taken off the plane. The flight leaves more than hour late
.
Day two

sometime in the morning; just get to sleep, seat mate must get up to use the restroom, now I'm awake. Back to sleep and then the flight steward spills a whole cup of hot coffee on my shoulder/back. Awake again. At least I like coffee. Not so much on my back.

1030 flight has landed and we have 30 minutes to clear customs and run to our next flight. We ran. We made it with minutes to spare. Munich is now in our site. Finally. Prost. (yes, on Luftasna with a beer, coffee, cheese sandwich and a mars bar for a snack. Gosh I love this airlines.)

1355 Arrival Munich. YEA! Oktoberfest, Henchen & Beir is in my near future. First, gotta find the UBahn to the hotel to check in our luggage. Prehaps a shower and then down the the worlds largest celebration on it's 200th year.

1400 on Ubahn

1449 arrive hotel. Now It's YEA Oktoberfest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb