Munich Day Two


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 7th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Having calmed down about the snoring guy (I didnt actually get back to sleep) i thought i should fill you in on our second day in Munich.

We woke up at the early time of midday, having missed breakfast yet again, and decided to go for a wander. We also decided to go to another country during the trip (Austria). Well actually we first decided to sort out our shit before moving on. We went to the train station and booked a night train from Austria to Hungary, so that everything would fit together nicely...but i get ahead of myself....

We went to the train station and got all the reserving seats and checking train times that we would need to do. The train we were getting to Prague in the morning was at 8.44, so obviously we all decided to take it easy on the sauce that night. Maybe just one dry sherry instead of a few.

We then got some smoothies, a sandwich or two and went for the aforementioned wander. I had gotten lost when walking home on my dodgy foot the night before and saw what later turned out to be the main square of Munich, which happened to have an interesting fountain in it. That was saved in the memory banks for future frivolity.

So i suggested to the lads that we go to the fountain. After we got lost...again....PROBABLY because of my sense of direction....we eventually found the square. And since it was a lovely day and we are giant idiots, we all ran in to the fountain. Pictures and videos to follow. They explain better our state of mind than i ever could.

So after jumping into the fountain five times in quick succession, so much so that people were pointing and laughing, we headed back to the hostel. It was a weird version of a walk of shame walking through reception soaking wet, keeping our heads down to divert more pointing and laughing. We showered, we ate and then we headed back to the bar for that dry sherry. Its worth pointing out that we spent pretty much all day running into a water fountain.

Right so then began the night that we now refer to as the EPIC NIGHT.

Conor was about to sign us up for the hotel organised pub crawl...admittedly for a reduced price, but Enda and i took it under advisement to spend the money on sherries rather than walking around Munich on my dodgy foot. In the long run it was the good decision. Peter and Enda 1 - Conor 0

The problem with writing this blog, especially concerning our nights out, is that if it is a good night out, the details are extremely hazy. Now we do have photos, and these will go up, but what follows is more or less our piecing together of the glimpses of memory we have of the EPIC NIGHT.

Having started the night in the hostel with a few 'mineral waters', we met up with two Australian girls and convinced them that the fountain from earlier on is something not to be missed. So we went there (Conor and one of the girls, Alana, running like mad things, and Enda, Ella and myself strolling at a leisurely pace. We got to the fountain and, yes, we went in again. Alana and Ella took some persuading, in fact they had to be lifted in, but Conor and I didnt see that as much of a problem. I should add at this point that Conor is an idiot and went into the fountain with his phone, thereby turning it into an expensive brick that sometimes works. Idiot.

So we went back to the hostel, and did the weird walk of shame again, got changed and headed back downstairs for further merryment.

It was a karaoke night

Conor and I signed up straight away, with him singing The Killers 'All these things that ive done' and I singing The Monkeys 'Im a believer'. Both were well recieved.

Enda later sang Depeche Modes 'My own personal Jesus' which was legend.

Conor and I got a standing ovation for our duet of 'Dont look back in Anger'.....well people were already standing, but they would have stood up had they not been.

We danced, we laughed, we did the best mingling and including and general stirring up of a party Southern Germany has ever seen. I have written in this blog that by the end of a night in Amsterdam everyone knew who the (then) two Irish guys were. That may have been a slight exageration. However, during Night two in Munich i can assure you, we owned that party. We each had about four groups to have a laugh with, each of us rocked the mic (GAG) and in fact, alot of people assumed we were being payed to do such a good job at organising a night out.

I really cant describe how epic it was. The pictures that will follow (hopefully ill get them up in Austria) will help.

Also, everyone else sucks at drinking.

Missing home rating (from 0-10): 3 Mysterious liver pain rating (from 0-10): 10 General state of merryment in group (from 0-10): 10



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb