Yes we are still alive!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So internet has been infrequent. We get it on Mike's IPOD Touch sometimes and that is why we are able to update Facebook so easily but typing out an entire blog on a key pad that is smaller than a credit card can be a bit bothersome. Espcially when you get it all typed and than the internet fails. So anyway.....the rest of Italy was amazing. We saw a lot of history, art, and churches. When in Rome we saw Michelle Obama at the St. Peter's Basilica. That was pretty cool. Sorento was gorgeous as was the Isle of Capri. The color blue in the blue grotto can not be described in words. I thought Venice was great. I wish I had another day or two there to explore. LOTS of random streets and alleys.

We arrived in Germany a 2 days ago and so far I think that this country language wise has been the most difficult. Can even guess what things are on the menu like in France and Italy. We had some great sausage and beer at 2 beer halls the other night. This old Austrian women sat with us one time and she got in a fight with the waitress over water for her dog. It was awesome. She just turned to us and said "That lady is a bitch." We went to Dachu yesterday and that was a bit sombering. It was very educational but weighted a lot on the soul. Mike and I both agreed we were more tired yesterday from that than all of the biking and climbing we did in Paris. After Dachu, we went to the large park here. The river is so fast and bumpy at one spot that people surf. Super cool. We are off now to Europa Park. Will try to update when we get to Mary Ann's.

Love,
Amy

Advertisement



18th July 2009

Got your postcards thank you. Have fun at Europa!
20th July 2009

Get up to speed Europe internet!
What year is this, 1995? Every man, woman, and child needs the internet to survive, it's a proven fact. You saw Michelle Obama? Neat. Barack Obama was here the other day, threw out the first pitch at the All Star Game. Just watched "Rick Steve's Europe" again on PBS. He's not such a bad guy, I just wish I had his job, that's all. Enjoy Europa Park, looks amazing, I'm so jealous.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb