9th August - Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Town in GermanyTown in GermanyTown in Germany

Can't remember the name - something starting with an A
Written by Daniel: I can’t believe how fast these Germens drive. I drive down the Autobahn at what I think is a pretty good pace and there’s people flying past me like I’m a granny in a mobility scooter. The speed limit seems like it’s more of a suggestion than a limit. It’s unbelievable!
Today we made good progress on the travelling front and made it all the way to Munchen. Monique is definitely getting better at navigating and map reading and I think I’m getting better at driving on the wrong side, changing gears with my right hand, indicating with the window wiper side stalk and allowing enough room on the right side of the car so as not to wipe out lamp posts or pedestrians. So all up I think things aren’t going too bad.
We travelled down part of what’s known as ‘The romantic road’ today. It winds its way through the Germen country side through multiple towns and villages. The road would enter a village and would become the main road of the village, often paved with cobble stones and winding between buildings becoming very narrow (almost single lane) and then the road would pop out the
Same townSame townSame town

The wall around the town.
other side of the village and carry on through the country side as a highway (at least as big as NZ’s state highway 1). The villages look really cool with different coloured buildings, bridges and archways.
Written by Monique: We stopped at one town called ?????? and had a look around. The whole centre of the city is surrounded by fortress walls - pretty cool. The town is really old fashioned with big German houses and cobblestone streets. The main church in town has a tower called ‘Daniel’ - which of course, we got photos by. We didn’t climb up the tower as we have done plenty of climbing stairs lately. After leaving that town we drove further to find a camping spot and ended up in Munich - it wasn’t that much further down the road - and now it means we’re back on track with our itinerary (kind-of).
Sam - you would love it here - so many trucks on the road and at every rest area there are heaps of trucks - unbelievable. We’ll have to take a photo for you.
Well we better end it there as the battery on the laptop is about to die.
Cafe DanielCafe DanielCafe Daniel

In same town (I promise I'll get the name of it next time we're on the net.
Bye.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



11th August 2008

Nördlingen
The Daniel is in Nördlingen. Which is itself in the mid of a huge meteorite impact crater, called the "Ries".

Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb