Masters of Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Good day all,

Back to Munich we go. This is the only city we have visited twice, but we didn't give it a good go the first time around anyway. We have traveled here this time with Nikki and James and they are giving us a good tour of the city. There are so many great sites here, it is a bit of a shame that one of its most popular points is the dancing clock. It is listed in the guide books at the most overrated show on Earth (okay on Earth may be a bit of an exaggeration, but a well deserved one).

We have also come to the conclusion that Germans drink more than anyone else in the world. Not only do they sit down to have a beer at any time of the day, but the beers that they drink are about 4 times the size of one we would have, no exaggeration there. I believe it is in their blood and even the 15 year olds could probably drink us under the table. You can get beer anywhere here, even at the McDonalds, which of course we had to try.

After about 3 days with Nikki and James we had to say goodbye and they went on their way back to England to the Thorpe reunion. We were sad to see them go.

Brandon and I went on to Fussen, a small town in southern Germany that I have been fussing about since I read about it before we left. There is a castle there that King Ludwig III built with no budget in mind. It was the castle that the design Disney Castle was built after. We enjoyed an amazing tour of it.

Now it is off to the French Riveria.

Love,
Brandon and Sami


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb