Family Fun


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It seems like forever ago that we were looking forward to when we would meet up with my family. Now it is here. After a short plane ride from Lisbon to Germany we met up with Nikki and James. We met in a suburb of Stuttgard and did a tour of the area. Fortunately we were able to stay with some of James' friends and relax in a real home. It was so great to see them and we had to keep telling ourselves that we are in Germany because it is so easy to forget when you are comfortable with family again.

Stuttgard is a great city and part of what I would consider the "real" Germany, as opposed to the touristy cities we have visited in other parts of the country. We couldn't have made it as easily without James speaking German and conversing with the locals. I have learned that my great-uncle Bobby on my father's side was actually stationed there during the war, which made it all the more interesting to see the places that he had been. Though I can't imagine the changes it has undergone since then. We also traveled through the town where the Mercedes-Benz factory is.

After Stuttgard we went to the college town of Tubingen (forgive the spelling if wrong) were James' other friend attends university. It was again a good glimpse of the type of town I picture in my mind is the real germany. While in Germany we watched a Spanish play, a strange combination of cultures for us, but it was really good.

We are off to Munich.

Love,
Brandon and Sami


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb