Nymphenburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

PALACEPALACEPALACE

Ok... so i made this Panarama, its not the best but thats the main palace!
Before I comment on the Palace, which was one of the main reasons for the stop in Munich, i think i need to talk a bit about Germany. Upon leaving i was VERY impressed! The people were always kind, and always helpful. They had a police presence that made me feel secure, even after a few oddly large sized beers at a beer garden. Speaking of beer, Munchens... love their beer and pretzels. Ashley and I had a shocking experience with the traditional bavarian food, I dont know if this is right to say but it was very simular to Jewish food... For example: I ordered a bread dumpling soup, which was oddly like Matzah ball soup and Ashleys Chicken sat along side a potato pancake. I guess it was on our minds since we were eating directly accross from the Hofbräuhaus beerhall that night. Speaking of the beer halls, i now understand early nazism's spread in Germany, when someone says beerhall to an untraveled american you think about a pub, these are NOT pubs!!!! They are large outdoor tree covered gardens that often seat several thousand people, which makes a hell of alot more sense as a venue for early Nazi speaches then a small pub. The area was tourist packed, atleast the main car-less street that was close to the Hauptbahnhof (train station). THe NYMPHENBURG PALACE!!!! HOLY CRAP, i almost feel as if the grounds and the palace could put Versialle to shame!! After studying the palace in my Rococo art and Archetecture class I couldnt miss seeing it! Maybe it was partially because my prof, Cilletti, got a glow about her at the mention of the hunting lodge on the grounds, for all of this, i will let the picture speak for me.
After Munich we headed west for Zurich, Switzerland on our first (and last) compartment train!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

MEME
ME

The main entrance is behind me!
PALACEPALACE
PALACE

!!!!
The AmalienburgThe Amalienburg
The Amalienburg

It is a hunting lodge set on the grounds!!!
The AmalienburgThe Amalienburg
The Amalienburg

It is a hunting lodge set on the grounds!!!
The AmalienburgThe Amalienburg
The Amalienburg

The kitchen...
Dragon in MunichDragon in Munich
Dragon in Munich

!!! Close enough to the real thing...
Street PerformerStreet Performer
Street Performer

i think you know why i took this picture


23rd June 2007

Love your blog
My favorite city - went to the gymnasium there and much later my Junior year in college. Berlin is even more culturally Jewish. Tell you more when you and Ashley come to visit us on Eagle. Love BHO

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb