Prost, Munchen!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

At the HofbrauhausAt the HofbrauhausAt the Hofbrauhaus

Apparently Karen drinks beer now!? Atleast a beer that is half lemonade. :-)

Prost, Munchen!

 Europe » Germany » Munich By sfkaren
May 31st 2007 Munich has come to an end. Due to beer and bratwurst consumption this could be a good thing. Munich has offered us some fantastic sights. The history was most seen with our visits to the numerous churches. The pictures taken in and outside of the churches just can't capture the size, beauty, and detail of these ancient structures. We also took a few side trips from Munich, to the amazing Neuschwanstein Castle and also to Dachau, the site of the first concentration camp, which served as a model for other concentration camps in Europe during WWII. Once again the pictures don't quite capture the eerie feeling of being there. So many things here also have changed so much since that time due to mass destruction, and also the German people wanting to ignore and/or destroy the shameful parts of their history.

We are off to rent a car and drive north through some of the tiny medieval towns. Bye for now!

Wish us luck navigating out of Munich. :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Prost! (Cheers)Prost! (Cheers)
Prost! (Cheers)

At at the Hofbrauhaus with friends we met at our hostel (Canadians, eh).
Oompah Band SingerOompah Band Singer
Oompah Band Singer

I think he has a little crush!
At DachauAt Dachau
At Dachau

These were some of the identification cards and personal items confiscated from the incoming prisoners. They were to be completely stripped of their names and their dignity.


31st May 2007

the bangs are rockin'
Just had to comment. I'm lovin them!
31st May 2007

How european and you drink BEER
WOW doesnt grant look european with his little beard and litttle golf hat. The pictures look awesome!! We´re still in guatemala spending time with the fam bam and taking the gringo (liam heheheheh) on the country tours! love ya
3rd June 2007

I'm glad your trip is going so well, we miss you guys. and suzie and I were wondering where grant went and why are you dating a boxer from the 1940's? we love the blog and hope you find more beer, meatier bratwurst, and larger pretzels in your travels.
5th June 2007

yea!
Very awesome! :-) So happy for you!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb