Was in Gauting passiert ist


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Gauting
August 18th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Liebe Angelica,am späten Abend noch eine schnelle Nachricht. Heute außer Regen nichts Besonderes. Deine Fahrt wird ja immer interessanterund Dein Motorrad Berta wird die Reise sicherlich ohne Schaden überstehen.Gestern Abend habe ich fast eine Stunde Donald gesucht.(Donald und Sophie sind unsere Schildkroeten.) In seinem Nest hatte ich nur Sofie gesehen und geglaubt dass er ausgerissen sei.Im Gitter konnte ich keine Fehlstelle finde, unterm Gitter war nirgends eine Fehlstelle zu sehen.Sammy half mir im Garten zu suchen, ob er wußte, was ich suchte, weiß ich nicht. Er war aber immer hinter mir. Sofie habe ich wiederholt aus dem Nest = Grashöhle genommen, aber sonst nichts gesehen.Zum Schluß dachte ich mir: Fühl doch mal mit der Hand , wie weit die Höhle wohl geht. Was fand ich am Ende der Höhle?Donald.Heute Abend war er wieder allein draussen, bei dem naßen Wetter. Sofie war in ihr Haus gegangen.

Advertisement



20th August 2013

Motorbikes, tortoises and things
Hi Angelica and Wolfgang, I was so glad to hear that all is well, though some of the blogs have been 'taken off', so we have not had all the reports of the travellers. Cody and Buffalo Bill sounded just right for you who so love Westerns!!!! After the North of Alaska one imagines that you are very much in civilisation again with good internet, etc, and I am sure that you wistfully remember the wilderness that you traversed earlier in your travels. The landscape sounds incredible. Do tell me how I can access the photos, please. I had the ones of Stewart glacier through a link given at the end of the blog, but no more links have appeared. Here all is well. We were in Warwickshire for the funeral of our old friend and D played the organ for the service. We arrived at 11am for the Sunday service. The choir were there, ready to rehearse an anthem by Rutter in Gflat major (6 flats!!) illegibly photocopied off an illegible photocopy. So Sunday was a bit of an ordeal for D trying to fathom out the music. Fortunately Dukes in HiA produced a legible enlargement for the Monday rehearsal before the service, so all went well after all. But it was very sad and poor Anne fainted during the get-together afterwards. She had nursed her husband on and off for 9 years. We have not yet been in touch with Nicky. In NF all is well. The hydrangeas are going rampant, as do all the shrubs, and we (Julie and I) do nothing but prune and prune. The roses are fantastic and the weather summery with a chill in the air at night. Glad to see that Romeo was found safe and sound in his home. Take care quad biking! Your godson is a champion at it!! Lots of love, T.

Tot: 0.448s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb