Back to School


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Tübingen
December 6th 2017
Published: December 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday started with an early morning. Something that a few of us had forgotten how to manage. Bleary eyes led us to the bus stop at the bridge near the centre of town with the aim of getting to a local school or Gimnasium. One bus later and we were all the way around the corner at the main bus station. Wrong bus. Take two seemed to be taking us in a different direction. Hopefully the correct one this time. Seeing our stop name appear on the screen meant we could all breath a sigh of relief. That was until we were given the task of trying to find the correct building. After some assistance we were in the correct place, in an environment that felt strangely familiar to all of us. We were greeted by a group of students, none of them looking half as bleary eyed as we were. None of us were quite sure where they had learnt this skill from. We split into groups after a short introduction and discussed with some German teenagers, in better English than we were even familiar with, various different issues from political views to life as a German teenager. It was as though the English language was second nature to these people. After a quick coffee break and chat about our first impressions of a German school, we had the opportunity for a guided tour and a conversation with another class about career opportunities and the directions we had all taken. It would have been easy for this to have went straight over a lot of people's heads, however it did seem like a lot of attention was being paid with everyone seeming to take a genuine interest in what we had to say. After a warm goodbye and a quick stop at the local bakery to boost energy levels, we were back on the bus back to our new home town of Tübingen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb