Black Forest and fine bread


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Black Forest
September 17th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

17th September

We´ve had a fantastic few days in Zurich with Marty and Claire. The first day was rugby and computers. The boys lay on the couch and played computers and loved it. The next day Claire took us up a mountain. We´ve all just recovered. It was so misty that you couldn´t see 20m in front of you. We walked straight up a mountain and then straight down. Everyone had sore legs the next day. Did a little shopping the following morning. It was a great couple of days because we had real beds, clean shower and we got to speak english, using more than two words to someone outside of our family. The boys cooked us dinner one night -they did a great job.

We´ve now travelled into Germany. Spent the first night by lake Constance. 270km of cycle track so we did some of this. Beautiful place. Today we´re in Schiltach in the Black Forest. This is an amazing little town. The houses are so old and the streets all cobbled. We´re eating rye bread now full of nuts and seeds. The kids are missing white baguettes.

There´s no wifi in this town so we´re writing this from the tourist info - photos to come next blog entry. Using a german key board and everythings in a different place so it´s slow going. But we´re all happy and healthy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb