Day 9


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Baden-Baden
May 30th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we left France to visit the Black Forest of Western Germany. Germany was much more beautiful than France and the hotel and restaurant we toured was very nice. We received a tour of the hotel, which managed to blend the local atmosphere with a modern twist. The hotel had many of the same features the other hotels we had visited possessed, but it also had a kids play center and even provided cooking classes for its guests. The tour of the restaurant was interesting as it showed the back of the house of the #1 restaurant in Germany. The restaurant has on 12 tables, and a chef for each of those tables. The service I received in the restaurant was hard to compare to what I received in Switzerland and France. Comparably it blew most other European service completely out of the water; however, it was roughly of the same caliber I had experienced at the other nicer restaurants in Europe. Here our server, before serving the courses, would approach the table and explain what our next course was. This was definitely nice because without an explanation, I would have had absolutely no idea what some of the food was. The staff was also very good with keeping the water and bread coming, which had been a problem at a few other locations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb