Soul sucker


Advertisement
Europe » France
September 14th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097The last day of the trip ... sigh ... like most other trips, it started the same way as other final days - with me crying and screaming like a little baby, and the hostel staff having to drag me out of bed and throw me out into the streets. Luckily for me, I was able to sneak back in and have some breakfast.Crappy croissants, ok coffee, cereal, bread, etc ... nothing special,... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zlzl
zl

... a Canadian!!! While I'm here in Paris, I should hit up Clinique or Lancome, and buy some cream to address those wrinkles on my forehead!
znzn
zn

Rue Cler - kinda dead, as Mondays see most shops shutting down. I once bought cheese from here, and asked in French "Parlez-vous anglais?", to which the cheese lady rudely responded "Non!!!" and started to walk away. But as soon as I tried a bit of French and said "Je voudrais un peu du fromage" (I would like a little cheese) she started smiling and happily recommending different types. Parisians have a reputation for being rude, but it makes all the difference just trying to speak a tiny bit of French, even if that's all you know. Speaking of cheese ladies, I just remembered the pretty cheese lady in La Coruna. Sigh ... Spain ...
zozo
zo

I was at Rue Cler to grab a picnic but with most shops closed, this lunch cart was the best option.
zpzp
zp

Too many choices!
kk
k

View from the Trocadero.
zqzq
zq

Chicken/tomato sauce/onion sandwich. Incredible! The lady was only going to serve it only with the grilled onions, but seeing some yummy-looking tomato sauce, I asked for a bit of it. Too bad the sandwich was cold after the 20-minute walk from Rue Cler to the Trocadero.
zrzr
zr

Tomato Farcie - a big meatball stuffed in a tomato. This and a chunk of bread would've made for a good, light lunch. This and a big sandwich was WAY too much food. But I didn't complain when I crammed every last bit down my gullet. Vive la France!!!
nn
n

The Tuileries garden, on a very sunny day.
oo
o

This picture was taken 20 minutes after the previous one. Crazy how the dark and grey rolled in so quickly.
pp
p

The Louvre - it cleared up a bit for this photo. This is the pyramid entrance, designed by famed Chinese architect I.M. Pei. After all my trips there, I've become Spain's most famed tourist, but for all the wrong reasons. I've been given the name of I.M. Obsessed with Spanish Women. Doesn't quite have the same ring as I.M. Pei, however.
ztzt
zt

This guy had the oldest, crappiest digital camera, yet he was using this big tripod. Why bother???
rr
r

Freebie - though I didn't go into the Louvre this time, I snapped this shot through a window. In the bottom right hand corner is a set of sculptures that is one of my favourites in the whole place. I remember that it was supposed to be four soldiers being held prisoner. For some reason, it reminds me of Rodin's "Burghers of Calais". Which rerminds me, next time in Paris I need to go to the Rodin museum's garden and have a picnic!
zjzj
zj

Zara - the last chance to bring the ultimate souvenir back with me, a Spanish senorita :)
zuzu
zu

Obama fever is everywhere, even here.
zvzv
zv

This has become my favourite jacket shop, having bought two of them here. It's like they're tailor-made for me, and it's the only shop I've found that offers jackets suited for my odd combination of tall and skinny.
zwzw
zw

At the Forum shops - the last time I was here, I had lunch at Tarte Julie. This was my last chance for a pastry before leaving France - the cafe au lait was only ok, as was the the poire tart. It had a nice crust, but was otherwise unremarkable.
zszs
zs

Kind of an odd place for an upscale-looking boutique, right on the metro platform.



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb