Bounjourno


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 15th 2013
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.2983, 5.38322

Today was a lovely day in Marseille, France… the Provence region of France. We arrived and it was an interesting, mountainous area and it was also raining and chilly today. We took the Carnival shuttle to "town" and learned there really wasn't much to see or do in Marseille. We took a little touristy train around the town and up the hill to the Notre Dame and the Le Corniche area. We walked and finally shopped for just a bit. Kamie said we were like little kids today because we both decided to buy French hats. We were excited wearing them back to the ship. France left almost the same impression on me this time as the last time we visited – clean, impressive, and expensive.

So, it's around 7:30pm when I am writing this. Dear McKamie is getting his “beauty sleep” he says he so desperately needs and I have just finished packing 99% of our items. We looked at the dinner menu and it looks fabulous tonight – cappuccino pie (my fav), frog legs, rib eyes, crab cakes, and a plethora of other goodies are on the list tonight. We are planning to eat in about an hour and then we will probably shower tonight as debarkation begins at 5:30am in Barcelona tomorrow. We are scheduled to be off the ship at 6:15am. We are flying from Barcelona to Dublin tomorrow and we plan to spend our day not in Dublin again but in Malahide, a close-by coastal town that should show us some of the beautiful Irish countryside we really missed on the first stopover.

We have had a good trip but again, as I've said in the past and not learned my lesson (but I did this time) it was too long. We are excited to go home and get back in our routines, mow our lawn that is probably knee-high at this point, and give Simon & Scaredy lots of love. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone and seeing many of you soon!!

PS ~ Kamie asked me today... "So.... what do you think was in that "special room" in Turkey?" :-O


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb