Paris - Day 6 - The Louvre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 24th 2011
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Mona LisaThe Mona LisaThe Mona Lisa

It was a great experience to see the original masterpiece by Leonardo Da Vinci.
Geo: 48.8567, 2.35099

How do you describe the Louvre Museum!

The paintings by the old masters including the Mona Lisa, the Egyptian artefacts, Napoleon's Rooms, the Babylonian artefacts, the Crown Jewels, the innumerable sculptures, the Rembrandt Exhibition on the "Faces of Christ" and much much more.

We arrived at the Louvre at about 9.30am and left about 6.00pm. Such a massive place.

We virtually ran from room to room all day trying to take in and capture on camera as many of the exhibits as possible, and even then, we didn't see anywhere near everything on display.

Even after going back to our flat, we then went out again till after midnight, revisiting the Louvre after dark to get some photos, watched the Eiffel Tower light up from one of the bridges over the Seine River, and bought a Gelati in the Latin Quarter.

The most difficult job will be to select just five for the blog.

So here goes the top five.

Tomorrow we are off to the Loire Valley.

Bonjour.

Jim and Kim


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Statue of Queen Nefertiti Statue of Queen Nefertiti
Statue of Queen Nefertiti

It was great to be able to get up close to artefacts thousands of years old.
Napoleon's Dining RoomNapoleon's Dining Room
Napoleon's Dining Room

Napoleon and Josephine actually lived in the Louvre.
The Crown JewelsThe Crown Jewels
The Crown Jewels

Belonging to the former Royal Family of France.
The Louvre at NightThe Louvre at Night
The Louvre at Night

What a Da Vinci Code photo.


Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb