Exploring downtown


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 6th 2012
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Pont NeufPont NeufPont Neuf

Pont Neuf
Geo: 43.6044, 1.44295

We spent most of the day exploring Toulouse centre ville on foot after taking the metro (subway) downtown. The station is right at the end of our street and navigating the city by train is much easier than on a bike in traffic. It was another wonderful sunny day, and we enjoyed taking our time, having coffee in the Capitol Place and walking along the riverfront.
We came back to the house where Janet spent the afternoon preparing for the arrival of Debbie and Guenther, our neighbors from Grass Valley. They were traveling up from Barcelona on a rented BMW 1200RT. They finally arrived at our door about 7:30 pm., after spending 2 hours getting lost in the maze of Toulouse streets, like we did when we initially arrived here.
After getting settled, we enjoyed at great meal out on the patio: Paella, salad, a variety of local cheeses, baguette (the daily bread), Cremont D'Alsace (French sparkling wine from outside the Champagne district), and some pastries from the local patisserie. We spent the evening swapping travel stories about riding the Spanish Pyrenees.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Capitol PlazaCapitol Plaza
Capitol Plaza

Our view while having coffee
School of Fine ArtsSchool of Fine Arts
School of Fine Arts

School of Fine Arts
Local talentLocal talent
Local talent

Janet makes a friend
WaterfrontWaterfront
Waterfront

Floating restaurant
Carmes districtCarmes district
Carmes district

street scene


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb