A relaxing day in Toulouse


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 5th 2012
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.6044, 1.44295

Today was our first full day in our new 'vacation' home in Toulouse. We decided to start the day by visiting the local open-air market which was just one block away. It was a small market but included fruit/vegetable vendors, a fromage (cheese) vendor, a pannier (bread) vendor and a wonderful young woman who was selling prepared foods: paella, tangine chicken, and a fish dish prepared with raisins and coconut milk – they smelled and looked so good that we bought some items to go with our fresh salads and vegetables to make easy dinners. While Janet was doing quite well using her French, we learned that the woman's father spoke English, and he delighted in telling us about his trip throughout California not too long ago.
Next we visited the local cafe for coffee and a pastry – then on to check out the rest of the neighborhood shops. We dropped off our goods at home, then set out again to look for an auto parts store to purchase some huile moto (motorcycle oil). After a tow-mile trek we finally arrived at the right shop a little past 12:00 – so it was closed for the 'noon hour' (12:00-2:00 pm). Returning home, we would go to the BMW shop tomorrow.
We enjoyed our first day relaxing – had a great dinner at home along with French cremant from Alsace (sparkling wine) and finished the evening with a soak in the hot tub in our back courtyard. Life is good!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

PaellaPaella
Paella

Paella
Our new friends at marketOur new friends at market
Our new friends at market

The chef and her dad
The local cafe/pastry shopThe local cafe/pastry shop
The local cafe/pastry shop

Our favorite store in town


7th July 2012

so glad you are so happy!!! enjoy dear friends.....sent with love

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb