The journey begins


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 22nd 2014
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

The intrepid explorers have had itchy feet to get back to exploring - so they headed off. At 4:15 the alarm bell stirs the explorers and they wake up and head off to ebbsfleet to catch the Eurostar to take them to Paris! They arrive in plenty of time and breeze through passport security and wait patiently for the train to come. Once on board the sleepy explorers doze until arriving into paris.
They get off the train and head into the maze of the metro system to try and navigate their way to the hotel to leave the luggage. Success!! They reach their destination although slightly damp from the rain in paris.
Once the bags have been deposited and a small pitstop for a drink break the explorers are ready to begin. They walk across the Seine to the parc de bercy and take a walk through the tranquil park. They then hop back on the metro and head to the Montmartre area of paris. After ascending what felt like a million steps to Nicky they discover the basilica de sacred heart. This is a stunning church which has breath taking views over paris! After exploring the church and seeing it's beautiful interior they went for a meander through the streets and even spotted their first glance of the Eiffel Tower!
After descending the stairs they decided to find the moulin rouge - they failed in their audition to join the chorus line but was still a lovely sight!
The explorers continued to the Galeries Lafayette - this was a huge department store which only sold high end goods but had the most beautiful interior. Sadly no shopping was undertaken. They then continued and went to look at the opera house which was stunning. The explorers then went on to the place de Madeleine and sat on the stairs and watched the world go by. The drivers here are worse than Nicky!
The explorers then went to refuel and went for a tasty dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe! Once their tummies were full up they went to neighbouring bar for a cocktail.
By this point the days exploring was catching up on them so they headed back to hotel - stopping on way for a tasty desert! Yummy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb