Let's try another country


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 14th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.5119, 5.46623

We woke this morning to find Francesca had prepared us a gourmet buffet breakfast. We only had 30 minutes to enjoy it as we need to make our way to Venice airport for a flight.

I was very pleased to learn Francesca has three cats and I met Freda,who has a great life roaming around the villa gardens and basking in the sun.

It wasn't too bad finding our way to the airport and we made it in plenty of time to drop off the hire car, for G to go shopping and for a quick lunch.

We were travelling to Marseille so the Air France flight felt much like just catching a bus. We were only in the air about 90 minutes and we were there! Picked up our next hire car, this time a Lancia Ypsilon, but this time we have a GPS. It is so good. It has made our travelling so much less stressful.

We drove about 30 minutes to our home for the next five nights, the Ibis Hotel on the outskirts of Aix-en-Provence and decided to stay in for the night. The hotel is fine, pretty much a business hotel. The bathroom is a bit odd but fully functional. It's like a transportable cylindrical shaped pod in the corner of the room. Plenty big enough and the shower is great. We call it the tardis.

We ate at the hotel restaurant that night. I didn't really know what to expect re French food but everything seems to come with fries. I had a very fatty steak. The rose is outstanding though.

Early night to recover from the jet lag.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb