DAY 14 - Back in Caen!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 10th 2015
Published: April 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

FRIDAY 10TH APRIL 2015 - Two wonderful bits of news - Ed, Sally, Chris and Emily have today made it safely to Caen ready for the ferry crossing in the morning. Geoff and Tom finally arrived at Bristol airport at 2am this morning and are safely home.

It's been such a long and eventful trek for them all and despite the worry it has caused for them and all of us back home, I am sure they will look back with pride and have fond memories of what an awesome feat they have accomplished. 14 days on the road now with endless breakdowns and repairs, a near accident, being separated for 2 days in Morocco and having to leave one vehicle behind in Spain on the way back. Often they were sleeping in the cars and were even chased at one point in Morocco, but they soldiered on and reached their goal together - THEY MADE IT FROM SHAFTESBURY TO MHAMID!!

Without realising it, it almost turned into a true Top Gear type challenge! With the delays Geoff and Tom faced at the airport, we were starting to wonder, will it be May and Hammond on public transport or Jezza in the car that gets back first?! But all jokes aside, no matter what, they will all proudly make their way back into Shaftesbury together tomorrow (Saturday) at 3.00pm as the true team that they have become. Hang in there guys!!! You are on the home straight and we can't wait to see you all!

They have been through all of this selflessly to raise money for charity and at the moment that figure stands at a whopping £10,381.95 between them!!! Smashed it! We are all so immensely proud of the lot of them and grateful to each and every one of you who have donated and supported them. Donations are still coming in and there will be a final fundraiser on the 18th of April at East Stour Village Hall - more details to follow.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE TOWN HALL IN SHAFTESBURY TOMORROW JUST BEFORE 3PM TO WELCOME THE WEARY TRAVELLERS HOME!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb