B6 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 11th 2013
Published: October 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?

Source: http://www.voyagesphotosmanu.com/social_structure.html

In France, there are clear visible social classes. The higher classes consist of senior civil servants, wealthy families, business leaders, and leading politicians. The middle class has the successful workers and jobs. The lower class are either unemployed, have food-service jobs, or other labor costing jobs. Women in France are about 46%!o(MISSING)f France's workforce. However, women typically have jobs that are paid less. The country does not do much to support the poor. However, France is starting to turn more into a service sector country instead of industry which helps a lot of the unemployed to get better jobs. The economy in France is fairly stable.

The social classes in France aren't very diverse. People are usually classified in one of the three classes listed above. Even though the government or country does not help, the economy is changing for France. Many jobs are becoming service sector in France rather than industry jobs. This will mean that many unemployed citizens in France would be able to get a job in the industry jobs since people are moving to service sector jobs. Therefore, the social classes could potentially change due to France's change economically.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.373s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb