What is the dominant religion in France, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in France, and how does it differ from Christianity ?

Theme: Culture

Article(s): http://www.indexmundi.com/france/religions.html

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Catholicism_vs_Christianity

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Christianity_vs_Protestantism

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/charts/christianity_judaism.htm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/culture (Dictionary)

Today I read a couple articles about the religions France has. France does not have a dominant religion, on the contrary, it has many. In France, there are 4 different religions. One of the religions is Roman Catholic, which is made up of 83-88%!o(MISSING)f the people. The next religion would be Muslim, and that is made up of 5-10%!o(MISSING)f the people. After them are the Jewish, which is made up of only 2%!a(MISSING)nd Protestant which is made up of 1%! (MISSING)The rest of the people, which is about 4%!o(MISSING)f them, aren't affiliated with any or just don't believe in any religion. I, myself, don't think there is much of a difference between these religions with Christianity. Between Catholic and Christian, there isn't much difference. One big difference I know of is that Catholics praise many saints, but are devoted to one, (i.e. Jesus) and Christians are devoted to many saints. (i.e. Virgin Mary, Jesus, etc.) Between Protestantism and Christianity, each religion has different stories and founders. For example, the founder for Christianity is Jesus Christ, and for the Protestants it is Martin Luther. Christians mainly believe in Jesus Christ, while Protestants believe in the Holy Trinity. And between Christianity and Jews (Judaism), they have their differences, but then again not really. One similarity is that Jesus Christ and his apostles were Jewish. Going in deep in these religions, we can find many differences and similarities.

I connected these articles with the "Culture" theme because culture means "patterns, traits, and products considered as the expression of a particular period, class, community, or population" and religion is a trait. This is what these articles talk about, the vast religions they have in France. Just like in Chicago, the majority of the people are Catholic/Christian. We can see all these different religions all over the world. All these religions differ in many ways. And this is a good way of learning about them, and seeing the similarities and differences between them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb