What is the current political structure/government in Paris, France? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

My Question: "What is the current political structure/government in Paris, France? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?"

Theme: Political

Article(s): http://about-france.com/political-system.htm

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/profile-of-french-socialist-presidential-candidate-francois-hollande-a-830642.html

http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/world/paris-city-france-government-people.html



Today I read a couple articles about what the political structure of Paris, France is, who has power, who the president is, and how the president interacts with his people. I learned that France is a republic country. The society of control of France is defined by the constitution. The constitution is more specifically the most current one, which is the Fifth of Republic. I as well learned that Paris is divided into 20 districts. Each district has a local council and mayor. The current president of France is François Hollande. From my understanding of the article, I read that François Hollande interacts more with the people than the previous president, Nicolas Sarkozy. François Hollande actually shows empathy towards his people, unlike Nicolas, he thought that interacting with the people was just burden.

I connected these articles to the “Political” theme because that’s what the articles basically talk about. It tells me a little more about the country and what their thoughts and beliefs are. Like Illinois, it is a democratic state. Democrats and republicans think different and have a different way of taking power and control of their country. This also tells me a little about their president. Like, who he is and how he is. He doesn't seem much different from the president in Illinois. Both presidents like interacting with their people and trying to find help for them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb