B4 Travel Blog # 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power and how do those in power interact with there people?

This article talks about France's Government along with there constitution. The President can only serve two terms as a president. The president is elected bu a universal suffrage. The Prime minister is the head of all laws and decisions made. The President along with the help Council of Ministers, create policies, which are then appointed by the Prime Minister, who forms the government. All decisions from the Prime Minister is held at the Matignon House. The Council of ministers is chosen by the Prime Minister (PM). Unless the President and the PM have different opinions about the decision. However, the president must approve the government of Ministers. The Ministers determine the policies, and crate new legislation in from of e new bills. The legislative branch in France is called the French Parliament, which is made up of two houses. There are two levels. The Lower parliament are the national assembly,and the second level is are the senates. The Judicial branch has power over running the justice system and criminal justice. This is very independent of the Executive and Legislative Branch. new Bills are created by the government and they must be approved by both houses before becoming a law. The government can however override the law without a parilimentary vote.The constitutional council determines whether the law stays or decrees. They have the power to strike down a law, before it can be made into a law. If it is labeled unconstitutional then the law will not take place.

The French Government is a lot like the U.S government. They seem to be organized just the U.S government is as well. They have presidents, and many branched that have different powers and different laws. Just like the U.S government we have 3 branched that all require different jobs and have specific powers or control they have over another branch. They also have to go from branch to branch in order to pass laws. This government seems to be very fair. The people in France maybe very happy with there government because they are organized, well kept, and it seems that everybody is included when thinking about making a new law that is comfortable with everybody in France. It seems that they take the mindset of an average citizen and carefully think how this law could positively impact them or negatively. France has a very organized and trustworthy Government.









http://about-france.com/political-system.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb