lovely


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 3rd 2005
Published: May 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

what can i say - it's great!!! had a lovely day yesterday. i got sunburt - in france!!!!!!!!!!! it was a gorgeous day and i had lunch for about 2 hours sitting in the garden in front in the sacre coeur - a gorgeous white church that i could see from my hostel window!! it's up on a hill that's the same height as the second level of the eiffel tower so i had a gorgeous view of the city as well. everything was gorgeous!!!!!!!! that's pretty much all i did during the day. i moved hostels to one down the road because i thought it was cheaper but they ended up being the same. the one i'm in now has a kitchen so i'm going to cook my own dinner tonight for the first time since i've been over here! last night i had a great time. i did a bike tour of the city - started at 7pm. i planned on getting there at 6ish and just chilling out at the eiffel tower waiting but i started to plan my week and got a bit carried away and i was still in my hostel at 6.30!! i was supposed to meet people from busabout so i was freaking out that i was going to miss them - and i did. they had a lot of people that night so there was 2 tours going. my friends had already left on the 1st one but there were still people there so i was still able to do it which was good. i ended up seeing my friends throughout the tour but we didn't think about making any more plans to catch up so i don't think i'll see them any more 😞 anyway the bike tour was great - lots of riding but it was fun and easy, and flat!! we went all over paris then we had a boat ride down the seine. it was so nice to be able to do that and see the city all lit up. it's completely different at night - of course. it zent until after 12am and i had a half a second freak out about getting home on the train in the middle of the night by myself. it was all good though coz half the people on the tour were staying up neart me so we all went back together. lucky!! the train would've been fine though - plenty of normal people around. today i'm off to the musee d'orsay and then to the rodin gardens to see "the thinker". maybe off to versailles tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb