paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 3rd 2005
Published: May 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

two updates in one day - lucky you!! had another good day today. got to musee d'orsay eventually. i walked from the hostel - about a one hour walk through some beautiful quaint areas in the back streets of paris. had my packed lunch by the river seine - watched some 10 year old boys fishing. don't quite know why they were there at lunch time on a tuesday but never mind. at musee d'orsay the queue was massive but i got in in abt 10 mins! it was pretty good. i like the impressionists stuff and there was a whole level of monet, van gogh, pissarro, manet and degas. i'd seen quite a few of them when they were in melbourne but it was good to see them again. i then made my way over to the rodin musee. abt 5 mins into my walk it started absolutely pouring!! lucky i had my raincoat with me so it was quite fun in the end. i still went to the museum but i only went in to the park. the guy thought i was stupid coming in the rain but it was fantastic. there were barely any people there so i had this massive garden with all these amazing statues all to myself. there were heapsof massive trees so it wasn't really raining there anyway. i've just had dinner (tuna mornay) and i'll be up for an early night before my big day in versailles tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb