Day 2: Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 16th 2012
Published: May 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

First Order Of the day: baguette breakfast. And we confirmed the rumor that nutella is better in europe. Then we set off for the eiffel tower!! 668 steps and a long elevator ride later, we reached the top. The view was incredible!! We could Notre Dame, Arc de Triumphe, and the Grande Palace. The weather was gorgeous. After a tasty lunch we checked out the musee orsey. It was incredible, five stories high with a glass roof and amazing exhibits. We saw collections of degas, monet, Manet, van gogh and many others! It was amazing to see the paintings right in front of you, some of them were ten times larger than we had ever imagined! We stayed there for hours before having a delicious French dinner. Some of the best food we've ever had!

We went to the park afterwards to let Patrick and maggie let out some energy. Surprisingly, after hours of walking, they still had way too much energy. We walked along the seines river, seeing all the gorgeous old buildings, before returning to the tower to see it lit up for the night. It was a surreal sight, but definitely worth every sore, tired step. Paris has been better than we could ever dream it!

And here our some of our favorite quotes for the day:

Sophie from the Eiffel tower: where is the tower of London?

Mom trying to speak French, this happened about 20 times: si! I mean oui!

And finally: dad: yea maggie, today was a carrying day, wasn't it? Maggie: excuse me? I didn't carry you ANYWHERE!

Bon soir!

Advertisement



16th May 2012

??
Did Sophie ever find that tower???
17th May 2012

You Made it!!
Ok, LOVE the write up - hilarious!! Can't wait to see some pictures ... are they easy enough to upload? Love & miss you all - praying for you HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GEORGE & MONIQUE :) wow, spending it in France, doesnt get any better, right! :)
17th May 2012

Hungry for bread and art
Now I'm hungry for baguettes (real French baguettes... fresh and crusty) and to see a masterpiece (any Van Gogh) up close. Glad to know you are having a great time!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb