First day: from US to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 15th 2012
Published: May 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was the first day in europe! Its been a long, crazy day. First off was our flight. It was quite exciting for the kids, as great amounts of movies were provided to help us deal with nine hours of sitting together. To patrick's disappointment, there was no snack bar, although we were provided 'gourmet airplane food.' for those tim hawkins fans, even though we were in the back of the plane, we didn't see any fish heads. With little sleep we restarted in england. While we didn't stay in london very long, it was very exciting to hear the english accents, even though i wasn't allowed to use my almost real accent.

We grabbed lunch and then took the chunnel to paris. Most of us slept through the ride, so no word on how it is riding a train underwater. However, the scenery in england and france was gorgeous, with huge fields of yellow flowers, windmills, and beautiful countryside.

It was amazing to see paris! We checked into our hotel, had a delicious meal, and then walked around notre dame and the river. Patrick liked the river best, especially the cruise boats. Tomorrow we plan to see the museums and, to maggie's great excitement, the eiffel tower. Maggie would like to point out that she has learned some french, tellinh people on the street, bonjour! as they pass.

So far we've had a completely unbelievable time! from maggie and us all, au revoir!!!!

Advertisement



16th May 2012

Bonjour
I am sure Maggie is the cutest thing, greeting everyone. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Send pix.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb