Schonnebeek - Tours


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 1st 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

so had to get up nice and early as we all left at 7.30am. Auntie Margerth, Uncle Albert, Danielle and Steve were all coming to Amsterdam to see me catch my train from Amsterdam to paris. it was nice of them to take me to Amsterdam as i was expecting to catch a train from Covorden to Amsterdam. so while they spent the day in Amsterdam i spent the day on a train. i arrived in Pais Nord at 2.40 and then had to catch the underground subway from Paris Nord to Paris Mont as my next hi-speed train left from there at 1615 to Tours. was interesting trying to get directions as i can only say a couple of french words, but hand gestures work well. so i got to Tours at around 5.30pm and found that my hotel was only a 5min walk max from the train station, so really central hotel. when i got there the room was amazing and big. it was so nice to have a shower and freashen up after travelling on the train all day. i then went for a wee walk and walked past a few shops and resturants and bars. i then stopped at Bistro Rossini for dinner, i ordered a salad and beer as was very hot (about 25+ degrees) it was a yummy corned beef one (had to do eny miney mo as i cant read french) but lucky the waiter could speak english which made it much easier. then strolled on back to the hotel for relaxing rest of the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb