Rain, Rain, Go Away


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 13th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bill and Gerri are out dodging rain drops, leaving me and the Tramp here at the campground, shivering a bit in the cold rain. So I'll take care of the blog while they are gone.

The title of today's blog just about says it all. It began raining probably about midnight last night. Tramp and I were covered and parked under a tree, but we still got a bit wet as the mud splashed up on our wheels. Gerri and Bill stayed fairly dry in the tent, but the there were a few small puddles in the tent when they awoke.

They considered packing everything up and waiting for it to clear and then heading out, but good sense prevailed. They decided instead to walk to McDonalds, do some research on the computer, and pack up only if the rain cleared. Good idea. Cause it continued to rain, to pour. Torrential at times. So while Tramp and I took a nice long nap (the rest felt good as they've really been pushing us recently), Bill and Gerri played cards, snacked, and read. They returned from a walk to the grocery store with some frozen dinners, which they say were not particularly good. They watched Cavendish win today's stage of the Tour de France and they went to sleep early, hoping for sunny skies in the morning.

Not much excitement here today, huh?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb